Corboy & Demetrio represents more than 100 injured professional athletes and the families of deceased athletes in lawsuits against sports leagues and equipment makers.
We also represent collegiate athletes and young athletes and their families in lawsuits against school districts, park departments, municipalities and equipment makers for their injuries.
In the NFL concussion litigation, we currently represent the families of Dave Duerson and Forrest Blue, and former Chicago Bears quarterback Bobby Douglas as well as many other retired players in the consolidated NFL lawsuit before Senior United States District Judge Anita Brody in Philadelphia, resulting in a $765 million settlement. Read our news release.
In NHL lawsuits, in addition to representing the Boogaard and Montador families, Corboy & Demetrio represents Former Blackhawk Player & Lightning Coach Steve Ludzik, as well as several other former NHL players.
Corboy & Demetrio was appointed by a federal judge in Minnesota overseeing those lawsuits to serve on the Plaintiff’s Executive Committee, playing a leadership role on behalf of NHL players and their families.
Corboy & Demetrio Co-founder Thomas A. Demetrio and attorney William T. Gibbs have appeared on national broadcast and cable media outlets to discuss their clients, including ESPN, FOX Business, Al Jazeera and on local TV media including, WLS-TV, NBC5, CBS2, FOX News Chicago, WGN-TV and CLTV. Both Tom and Bill are regularly quoted in national publications including the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Chicago Tribune, the Chicago Sun-Times and Sports Illustrated.
Watch Partner Bill Gibbs' News Conference with Tregg Duerson
Watch Partner Thomas Demetrio Speak about Concussive Injuries alongside Mike Ditka
- Corboy & Demetrio Files New Concussion Lawsuit for Two Former Blackhawks against NHL Alleging New ‘League of Denial’06.22.2018
- Corboy & Demetrio Files Concussion Lawsuit for Former Blackhawk Player & Lightning Coach Steve Ludzik
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 11.26.2019
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 09.24.2019
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 07.30.2019
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 05.28.2019
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 04.03.2019
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 02.06.2019
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 11.2018
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 09.2018
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 07.24.2018
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 05.22.2018
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 01.23.2018
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 09.26.2017
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 01.25.2017
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 11.2016
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 09.20.2016
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 07.28.2016
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 04.2016
Major Media Coverage
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 10.04.2022
- New York Times, 06.22.2018
- Chicago Tribune, 06.22.2018
- NBC Sports, 06.22.2018
- Sports Illustrated, 06.22.2018
- Los Angeles Times, 06.02.2018
- WGN Radio, 01.25.2018
- WGN Radio, 08.01.2017
- Sports Illustrated, 08.01.2017
- New York Daily News, 07.31.2017