Thirteen Corboy & Demetrio Attorneys Selected to 2021 IL Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
Corboy & Demetrio is proud to announce that 13 of its attorneys have been selected to Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2021, including Co-founder Thomas A. Demetrio who was ranked first in the state out of all attorneys in every practice area.
This is the 5th year in a row Thomas was ranked first by IL Super Lawyers, attaining the top ranking in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
All of Corboy & Demetrio’s partners were selected to IL Super Lawyers in 2021, including:
- Thomas A. Demetrio, selected for the 17th year.
- Philip Corboy, Jr., selected for the 17th year.
- Michael K. Demetrio, selected for the 17th year.
- Francis Patrick Murphy, selected for the 17th year.
- Susan J. Schwartz, selected for the 17th year.
- David R. Barry, Jr., selected for the 17th year.
- Daniel S. Kirschner, selected for the 10th year.
- Edward G. Willer, selected for the 9th year.
- Michelle M. Kohut, selected for the 8th year.
- Kenneth T. Lumb, selected for the 8th year.
- William T. Gibbs, selected for the 6th year.
In addition, two Corboy & Demetrio attorneys were named to 2021 Rising Stars, which comprises 2.5% of eligible Illinois attorneys. Our Rising Stars include:
- Andrew P. Stevens, selected for the 3rd year.
- Michael D. Ditore, selected for the 2nd year.
Corboy & Demetrio is proud that 40% of IL Super Lawyers’ 2021 Top Ten list are current or former C&D lawyers. Of IL Super Lawyers’ Top 100 list, 11 percent are currently employed by or began their careers at our firm. Overall, 50 lawyers selected to 2021 IL Super Lawyers or Rising Stars in the areas of personal injury and medical malpractice either currently or have worked at our firm.
No more than 5% of attorneys in the state are selected to IL Super Lawyers, which has a comprehensive selection process that includes independent research, peer nominations and evaluations.