Main Menu
PDF

Corboy & Demetrio Obtains $2.5M for 70-year-old Woman who Died in Fire Caused by Defective Handy Switch

07.03.2019

Corboy & Demetrio obtained a settlement of $2.5 million for the family of a 70-year-old woman who died in a 2016 electrical fire in her Ottawa townhome that was caused by a defective wall-mounted remote receiver commonly known as a Handy Switch.  The woman’s son had removed most of the smoke detectors in the home and the owner of the townhome, PFB Center, failed to have carbon monoxide detectors installed.

Learn More

Attorneys

Practice Areas

Back to Page
Available 24/7  800.356.3191
WE ARE AVAILABLE TO SPEAK WITH YOU.

If you or a loved one has been seriously injured, please fill out the form below for your free consultation.

Type the following characters: papa, six, papa, foxtrot, tango

By clicking “Submit” below, you acknowledge you have read and understood our Privacy Policy and Disclaimer.

Corboy & Demetrio
33 N. Dearborn Street
21st Floor
Chicago, IL 60602