Thirteen Corboy & Demetrio Attorneys Named to 2020 IL Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
All Corboy & Demetrio partners were named to 2020 Illinois Super Lawyers, with Thomas A. Demetrio ranking first, overall, in Illinois for the fourth year in a row and Philip Corboy, Jr. being named to the Top 100 for the ninth year.
Our Illinois Super Lawyers and the practice areas they were selected for include:
- Thomas A. Demetrio -- personal injury – plaintiff
- Philip Corboy, Jr. – personal injury – plaintiff
- Michael K. Demetrio – personal injury - plaintiff
- David R. Barry, Jr. -- medical malpractice - plaintiff
- William T. Gibbs -- personal injury – plaintiff
- Daniel S. Kirschner – personal injury - plaintiff
- Michelle M. Kohut – personal injury plaintiff
- Kenneth T. Lumb - medical malpractice - plaintiff
- Francis Patrick Murphy – personal injury - plaintiff
- Susan J. Schwartz – personal injury - plaintiff
- Edward G. Willer – personal injury - plaintiff
Of that group, six of our partners have been named each year since the inception of IL Super Lawyers in 2005. They include, Thomas A. Demetrio, Philip Corboy, Jr., Michael K. Demetrio, David R. Barry, Jr., Francis Patrick Murphy and Susan J. Schwartz.
Daniel S. Kirschner was named to IL Super Lawyers for the ninth year; Edward G. Willer for the eighth year; Ken Lumb and Michelle Kohut for the seventh year; and Bill Gibbs for the fifth year.
No more than five percent of lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive the honor each year.
In addition, two Corboy & Demetrio Associate Attorneys were named to Rising Stars.
- Andrew P. Stevens – personal Injury – plaintiff (second year)
- Michael D. Ditore – personal Injury - plaintiff
No more than 2.5 percent of eligible lawyers in the state are selected to Rising Stars, and like Super Lawyers, selection is the result of nominations, independent research and peer evaluation.