Corboy & Demetrio - The Leaders in Medical Malpractice
When a healthcare provider - whether a doctor, nurse, anesthesiologist, or lab technician - fails to provide appropriate treatment, delays treatment, tests or surgery, or does not provide a proper diagnosis, medical malpractice may have occurred. If you or a family member have been the victim of medical malpractice, Corboy & Demetrio is the firm to contact. We have over 50 years of experience representing plaintiffs in every type of medical malpractice case and have obtained record-setting verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients. Our success in representing victims in personal injury cases has been exceptional - we have acquired over $3 billion in settlements and verdicts, of which nearly 600 were in excess of $1 million.
Our Record of Success in Medical Malpractice:
- A record-setting $22 million verdict for the surviving family of a young mother who died after giving birth when the doctor and nurse failed to properly treat her high blood pressure.
- A settlement of $19.5 million for the failure of Evanston Hospital to properly treat a stroke.
- After an eight-day jury trial in Lake County, Illinois, a record-setting $6 million verdict for the wrongful death of a woman who died while receiving anesthesia.
- A $16.5 million record verdict - the highest jury award in an obstetric medical malpractice case in Cook County at the time it was rendered - on behalf of a young girl who suffered brain damage at birth due to the negligence of a suburban Chicago hospital and obstetrician.
- A $9.5 million medical malpractice settlement where a nurse failed to comply with hospital guidelines.
- Two multi-million settlements achieved right before final arguments to the jury - $17.5 million for a young woman who suffered a hemorrhagic stroke when a large aneurysm ruptured after an emergency room physician failed to diagnose a "warning leak" and $20 million for permanent brachial plexus nerve injuries suffered by a baby during deliver.
To consult with a Chicago medical malpractice lawyer at Corboy & Demetrio, call 312.346.3191. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.