While our traditional litigation base is centered on plaintiffs' personal injury trial work, Corboy & Demetrio also handles commercial litigation cases on a contingency basis. Our practice includes litigation in the area of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, stockholder disputes and securities litigation.
Following is a representative sample of the types of cases we have handled.
We are representing a municipality in a breach of contract lawsuit against an architect for failure to design housing projects in conformance with their agreement and are also representing a number of sales managers in a breach of sales commission agreement against their employer for nonpayment of commission over a period of several years.
Where an agreement gave a 5% ownership interest in a real estate venture company to the project developer and the company failed to honor that ownership interest, Corboy & Demetrio represented the developer in his demand for his share of the company.
We represented a business owner and his company in an action against a partnership, its related companies and individuals associated with the partnership for failure to pay the contractor for extensive electrical restoration and maintenance work performed at a Chicago building. We also handled a case where a real estate agent who was not paid her commission on the sale of a $5 million property.
Our commercial litigation practice includes but is not limited to the following areas:
|Business Litigation||Contract Disputes|
|Securities Litigation||Antitrust Litigation|
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
- Attorney Dan Kirschner Discusses How the Economy Has Impacted the Practice and Perception of the Law12.2009
- Corboy & Demetrio Chicago Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice Lawyers Named to Illinois Super Lawyers01.2009
- Chicago Magazine, 08.2008
- Illinois Bar Journal, 07.2008
- Leading Lawyers Network Magazine, 09.2007
- Chicago Magazine, 08.2007
- Leading Lawyers Network Magazine, 03.2007
- Chicago Magazine, 08.2006
- Chicago Magazine, 08.2005
- Chicago Magazine, 2004
- Chicago Magazine, 08.2003
- Chicago Magazine, 08.2002
- Chicago Lawyer, 10.2000
- Illinois Bar Journal, 07.2008
- Trial Magazine, 04.2006
- Principles of Illinois Discovery: An Overview, Illinois Civil Discovery PracticeIllinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (IICLE) - 1983, Supp. 1984, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998, 2002, 2002
- Demetrio on Trial Practice - Attorney-Client Privilege - Oh, Really?CBA Record, 10.2000
- More Cases We Remember - A Lesson In CredibilityTrial Magazine, 04.2000
- Demetrio on Trial Practice - Offers of Proof, Why, When & HowCBA Record, June/July, 2000
- Demetrio on Trial Practice - Striving for ExcellenceCBA Record, 12.1999
- Demetrio on Trial Practice - Opening Statement: Some Initial Thoughts and Bullet PointsCBA Record, 11.1999
- Demetrio on Trial Practice - Motions In Limine: Why, When and How to Use ThemCBA Record, 10.1999
- The National Law Journal, 06.1998
- Positive ThinkingChicago Bar Association (CBA) Record, 05.1996
- The Challenge of Merit SelectionCBA Record, 04.1996
- President’s PageCBA Record, February/March, 1996
- Applause for the CourtCBA Record, 11.1995
- The Human ElementCBA Record, 09.1995