Corboy & Demetrio, the legendary Chicago personal injury and wrongful death law firm, with many top-ranked personal injury trial lawyers, has secured top settlements and verdicts for victims injured or killed by unsafe methods and practices used at construction and building sites.
Our Record of Success
Our work on behalf of our clients has been exceptional. We have acquired more than $3 billion in settlements and verdicts and have attained nearly 600 settlements and verdicts in excess of $1 million.
Experienced and Successful Personal Injury Attorneys
Our experienced and successful team of personal injury attorneys use their extensive resources, experts and investigative techniques to learn the true cause for the injuries or death at construction and building sites and determine the parties responsible.
Following are examples of the success our Chicago law firm has achieved:
- A $16.6 million global settlement for the victims of the Chicago Lincoln Park porch collapse. Corboy & Demetrio partner Francis Patrick Murphy represented 14 of the victims or victim's family - the largest number of victims represented by one law firm.
- After a 14 day jury trial, our client was awarded $7.6 million for injuries he suffered on a construction site when a 600-pound boom fell on his back, rendering him a paraplegic. He was represented by Philip Harnett Corboy, Jr. and Edward Willer.
- A $16 million verdict was obtained by attorney Thomas Demetrio for a roofer who was severely injured when he came in contact with power lines as he was inspecting a roof.
- A $7.3 million settlement for the family of a Com Ed worker who was working as a cable splicer when an electrical explosion occurred inside the manhole where he was working, causing burns to most of his body, resulting in his death six months later. The family was represented by Edward G. Willer and Robert J. Bingle.
- The family of a construction laborer who was killed on a job site when he was hit by a combination backhoe/end loader truck, will receive $4.5 million to settle a wrongful death lawsuit. The laborer was represented by lawyers Robert Bingle and Edward Willer.
- Tom Demetrio secured a $6.8 million settlement for a woman who suffered facial fractures while working on a highway construction project when a piece of sheet metal, being lifted by a crane, fell and struck a 4 x 4 the worker was holding.
- A bricklayer received a $4.6 million to settle a lawsuit stemming from the ankle fracture injuries he sustained in a scaffolding accident while working on a construction site.
- The estate of a young man, killed when a large piece of concrete broke away from the storage silo he was preparing for demolition and hit him, received $2.3 million in a settlement secured by attorneys Edward G. Willer and Philip Harnett Corboy, Jr.
- A lawsuit on behalf of the family of a father who was killed while walking along Michigan Avenue when a block of ice struck him settled for $4.5 million. The suit was filed against not only the store owner, but the architects for the poor design of the building. Tom Demetrio represented the family
- A 41 year-old roofer, who fractured his heel in a fall on a work site, settled his case for $2 million against the contractor and sub-contractors who failed to properly barricade an opening in the roof. He was represented by Michelle M. Kohut
- A Morris maintenance technician, represented by Tom Demetrio and Edward G. Willer, received a $5 million settlement for injuries he suffered on the job when he was struck by an automated guided vehicle.
- Attorney Ed Willer secured a $2 million settlement for a union painter who injured his ankle when he fell from an unsecured scaffolding on a job site
- When an elevator operator, working on a construction site, suffered a severely fractured thumb after he was hit by a wrench that had fallen from the 23rd floor, Attorney Willer obtained a $1.16 million settlement.
Our representation includes but is not limited to the following areas:
|Construction Accidents||Contractors Liability|
|Construction Defects||Industrial Injuries|
|Construction Litigation||Pedestrian Injuries|
|Construction Negligence||Work Site Injuries|
- Six Corboy & Demetrio Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers in America, 2016 Edition
- Corboy & Demetrio Uniformly Judged to be the Best of the Best
- Irish Media Interview Corboy & Demetrio Attorneys about Fatal Berkeley Balcony Collapse
- $16.6 Million Global Settlement in Lincoln Park Porch Collapse Lawsuit
- Patrick Murphy Settles Case of Couple Who Fell 4 Stories When Porch Railing Collapsed for $2.15 Million
- Six Corboy & Demetrio Attorneys Selected for 2015 Best Lawyers in America
- Thomas A. Demetrio Applauds 100 Club of Chicago’s 2013 Membership Drive
- Corboy & Demetrio Named to 2014 ‘Best Law Firms’ by U.S. News & Best Lawyers
- Corboy & Demetrio Recognized in 2013 Top Ranked Law Firms in Fortune Magazine
- Thomas A. Demetrio Signs Statement of Support for the U.S. National Guard and Reserve
- Fourteen Corboy & Demetrio Lawyers Selected 2013 Illinois Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Corboy & Demetrio Recognized with National Ranking in Best Law Firms 2013 by U.S. News
- Philip Harnett Corboy, Jr. Receives Distinguished Alumnus Award from DePaul Univ. College of Law
- Philip H. Corboy, Jr. to Speak at Continuing Legal Education Conference
- Edward G. Willer Named to IL Supreme Court Committee on Character & Fitness
- Thirteen Corboy & Demetrio Lawyers Selected Leading Lawyers in Illinois
- Corboy & Demetrio Launches New Mobile Website
- Leaders in Construction Site Accident Litigation
- $16 Million Verdict Returned in Roofing Injury
- Corboy & Demetrio - Leaders in Bridge and Structural Collapse and Defect Litigation
- Attorney Francis Patrick Murphy on Porch & Deck Safety
- Porch/Deck Collapse Lawsuit Filed
- $4.5 Million Settlement for Construction Worker's Death Featured in News
- Construction Safety Act Defended by Philip H. Corboy, Jr.
- $2 Million Settlement for Roofer Who Fractured Heel Secured by Corboy & Demetrio
- Hancock Scaffolding Accident Global Settlement
- "Lawyers to See Remains of Porch"
- Court Grants Patrick Murphy's Request for Emergency Order