While our traditional litigation base is centered on plaintiffs' personal injury trial work, Corboy & Demetrio also handles commercial litigation cases on a contingency basis. Our practice includes litigation in the area of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, stockholder disputes and securities litigation.
Following is a representative sample of the types of cases we have handled.
We are representing a municipality in a breach of contract lawsuit against an architect for failure to design housing projects in conformance with their agreement and are also representing a number of sales managers in a breach of sales commission agreement against their employer for nonpayment of commission over a period of several years.
Where an agreement gave a 5% ownership interest in a real estate venture company to the project developer and the company failed to honor that ownership interest, Corboy & Demetrio is representing the developer in his demand for his share of the company.
We represent a business owner and his company in an action against a partnership, its related companies and individuals associated with the partnership for failure to pay the contractor for extensive electrical restoration and maintenance work performed at a Chicago building. We are also handling a case where a real estate agent who was not paid her commission on the sale of a $5 million property.
Our commercial litigation practice includes but is not limited to the following areas:
|Business Litigation||Contract Disputes|
|Securities Litigation||Antitrust Litigation|
- Thomas A. Demetrio Named #1 Super Lawyer in Illinois for 2017
- Corboy & Demetrio Uniformly Judged to be the Best of the Best
- Corboy & Demetrio Welcomes Andrew P. Stevens as Associate Attorney
- Corboy & Demetrio Named to 2017 Best Law Firms by U.S. News
- Six Corboy & Demetrio Attorneys Named to 2017 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
- Six Corboy & Demetrio Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers in America, 2016 Edition
- Six Corboy & Demetrio Attorneys Selected for 2015 Best Lawyers in America
- Thomas A. Demetrio Applauds 100 Club of Chicago’s 2013 Membership Drive
- "The Powerhouse of Aviation and Medical Malpractice," Thomas Demetrio
- Corboy & Demetrio Named to 2014 ‘Best Law Firms’ by U.S. News & Best Lawyers
- Corboy & Demetrio Recognized in 2013 Top Ranked Law Firms in Fortune Magazine
- Thomas A. Demetrio Signs Statement of Support for the U.S. National Guard and Reserve
- Fourteen Corboy & Demetrio Lawyers Selected 2013 Illinois Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Corboy & Demetrio Recognized with National Ranking in Best Law Firms 2013 by U.S. News
- Philip Harnett Corboy, Jr. Receives Distinguished Alumnus Award from DePaul Univ. College of Law
- Philip H. Corboy, Jr. to Speak at Continuing Legal Education Conference
- Corboy & Demetrio Attorney Schwartz Appointed to Women’s Bar Foundation Board of Directors
- Attorney Dan Kirschner Discusses How the Economy Has Impacted the Practice and Perception of the Law
- William Gibbs Selected in "40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty to Watch"
- Attorney Francis Patrick Murphy on Porch & Deck Safety
- Attorney Michelle Kohut Elected President of Women Everywhere - Partners in Service Project, Inc.
- Attorney Kirschner Featured Speaker at Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Seminar
- Attorney Susan Schwartz Profiled in Feature Article in Leading Lawyers Magazine
- Robert Bingle Profiled in Leading Lawyers Magazine
- Named Partner Tom Demetrio Featured on Bulletproof Blog
- U.S. Senator Dick Durbin Appoints Philip Harnett Corboy, Jr. to Screening Committee
- Philip Harnett Corboy, Jr. Appointed to the Equal Justice Illinois Campaign Blue-Ribbon Committee
- Attorney Thomas Demetrio Featured in Illinois Super Lawyer Magazine
- Philip Harnett Corboy, Jr. Named One of the Top 100 Lawyers in Illinois
- Corboy & Demetrio Chicago Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice Lawyers Named to Illinois Super Lawyers
- Corboy & Demetrio Named One of Chicago's Top Law Firms
- William Gibbs' article, "A Quick Guide to the Illinois Dead Man's Act," Published
- Thomas Demetrio "Lion of Chicago's Trial Bar"
- Commercial Litigation Attorney, René Torrado, Jr., Profiled
- C&D Named One of Chicago's Top Law Firms, 2007
- Thomas A. Demetrio Profiled
- Thomas A. Demetrio Named One of the Top Plaintiff’s Lawyers in Nation
- Tom Demetrio "Stands Alone Atop the Chicago Trial Bar for 100 Million Reasons"
- C&D Named One of Chicago's Top Law Firms, 2006
- Tom Demetrio "Chicago’s Top Trial Lawyer"
- C&D Named One of Chicago's Top Law Firms, 2005
- Thomas Demetrio "The Star of the Chicago Plaintiffs' Bar"
- C&D Named One of Chicago's Top Law Firms, 2004
- C&D Named One of Chicago's Top Law Firms, 2003
- C&D Named One of Chicago's Top Law Firms, 2002
- C&D Again Atop Chicago Lawyer Magazine Settlement Survey