Leaders in Construction Site Accident Litigation2010
Over the past 50 years, the Chicago personal injury and wrongful death lawyers at the Corboy & Demetrio law firm have obtained top settlements and verdicts for victims injured or killed by unsafe methods and practices used on construction and building sites. Our highly skilled and experienced attorneys have experience in all areas of construction sites accidents, including commercial, industrial and residential.
We combine our exceptional experience with a deep commitment, dedication and compassion for our clients, a relentless drive to achieve justice, and the resources necessary to throughly pursue construction and building site injury cases.
Our work has resulted in outstanding results for our clients. We have obtained more than $3 billion in settlements and verdicts, of which nearly 600 have been in excess of $1 million.
A brief sampling of cases include:
- A $75 million global settlement for 10 victims injured or killed when scaffolding collapsed and fell from the John Hancock building in Chicago.
- After a 14 day jury trial, a $7.6 million award for our client for injuries he suffered on a construction site when a 600-pound boom fell on his back.
- A $16 million verdict, obtained by attorney Thomas Demetrio, for a roofer who was severely injured when he came in contact with power lines as he was inspecting a roof.
- The family of a construction laborer who was killed on a job site when he was hit by a combination backhoe/end loader truck, received a $4.5 million settlement of their wrongful death lawsuit.
- A $6.8 million settlement for a woman who suffered facial fractures while working on a construction project when a piece of sheet metal fell and struck a 4 X 4 the worker was holding.
- A bricklayer received a $4.6 million settlement for an ankle fracture sustained in a scaffolding accident on a construction site.
- The estate of a young man, killed when a large piece of concrete broke away from the storage silo he was preparing for demolition and hit him, received $2.3 million in a wrongful death settlement secured by our attorneys.
- A lawsuit on behalf of the family of a man killed while walking along Michigan Avenue when a block of ice struck him settled for $4.5 million. The suit was filed against not only the store owner, but the architects for the poor design of the building.
- A 41 year-old roofer, who fractured his heel in a fall on a work site, received $2 million in a settlement with the contractor and sub-contractors who failed to properly barricade an opening in the roof.
- A Morris maintenance technician received a $5 million settlement for injuries he suffered on the job when he was struck by an automated guided vehicle.
- Our firm secured a $2 million settlement for a union painter who injured his ankle when he fell from an unsecured scaffolding on a job site.
- When an elevator operator, working on a construction site, suffered s severely fractured thumb after he was hit by a wrench that had fallen 23 floors, our attorneys obtained a $1.6 million settlement.
- The firm successfully represented several victims and families as a result of the massive roof collapse during the construction of the Rosemont Horizon in 1979.
For a free consultation with an attorney at Corboy & Demetrio, call 312.346.3191. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.