- Robert J. Bingle
- Philip Harnett Corboy Jr.
- Michael K. Demetrio
- Thomas A. Demetrio
- William T. Gibbs
- Matthew T. Jenkins
- Daniel S. Kirschner
- Michelle M. Kohut
- Kenneth T. Lumb
- Francis Patrick Murphy
- René A. Torrado, Jr.
- Edward G. Willer
Corboy & Demetrio - Leaders in Bridge and Structural Collapse and Defect Litigation
The Chicago law firm of Corboy & Demetrio has been a leader in the area of bridge and structural collapse and defect litigation for over 50 years. We have represented victims in complex and serious personal injury and wrongful death cases arising from the negligence of others in designing, building, maintaining and repairing bridges, porches, decks, buildings and industrial sites.
Our Record of Success in Structural Collapse Litigation
- On the eve of trial, 10 victims injured or killed by the scaffolding that collapsed and fell from the John Hancock building in Chicago received $75 million in a global settlement for their personal injury and wrongful death claims. Thomas Demetrio was a lead attorney on the case;
- The family of a young mother killed by a window that fell from the CNA Plaza building in Chicago received an $18 million settlement for a lawsuit filed against the architects, construction company and maintenance company by Corboy & Demetrio attorneys Philip Harnett Corboy, Jr. and Robert Bingle;
- Corboy & Demetrio attorneys secured a record-setting $4 million settlement for a young woman who fell from a porch when a railing broke away. It is the highest settlement in Illinois for an injury resulting from a defective porch structure;
- Corboy & Demetrio settled a lawsuit, filed against the owners of an apartment building, for $2.15 million for two young people injured when they fell four stories due to a defective porch railing.
Our firm represented three victims of the bridge collapse in East Chicago in which 12 people were killed and 17 injured. We presently represent several victims of defectively designed structures including two young adults who fell two stories as a result of a defective railing, a family whose young son was injured when he fell through a balcony railing and the surviving family of a young adult killed when he fell through a porch railing. We were the leading lawyers in the fight to hold the City of Chicago responsible for its negligent inspection of a porch in Lincoln Park which collapsed resulting in several young people being killed and injured. We represented nine victims and five families of victims in that 2003 Lincoln Park porch collapse lawsuit.
Our personal injury and medical malpractice litigation work has resulted in exceptional results for our clients and many record-setting verdicts and settlements. We have acquired over $3 billion in settlements and verdicts and have attained nearly 600 settlements and verdicts in excess of $1 million. In the Chicago Lawyer Settlement Survey, we have ranked first for the top settlements in Illinois, 8 out of 15 times, leading all other Chicago injury law firms.
Our skilled and successful attorneys combine their exceptional experience with a deep commitment, dedication, and compassion for our clients, a relentless drive to achieve justice, and the resources necessary to pursue such serious cases.
To contact a top rated Chicago personal injury lawyer and bridge and structural collapse litigation attorney at Corboy & Demetrio for a free consultation, call 312.346.3191.