- Construction Negligence
- Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Vehicular Negligence
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D. and Certificate in Advocacy, 2015
- Saint Louis University, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 2012
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2015
Andrew P. Stevens joined Corboy & Demetrio as a lawyer in 2016. He practices personal injury law in all areas including environmental negligence.
Andrew is currently representing more than 70 Kankakee area residents who were sickened by contaminated drinking water or the families of residents who died as a result of drinking the water contaminated by a 1988 Shell Oil pipeline spill.
From 2013 – 2015, Andrew served as Head Law Clerk and Post Graduate Clerk at Corboy & Demetrio where he worked on aviation crashes, medical malpractice cases, motor vehicle collisions and a case where more than 50 complaints were filed on behalf of men whose sperm was destroyed while stored in a cryogenics lab owned by Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
In addition, Andrew conducted extensive research and drafted memoranda regarding the NFL and NHL litigation.
Before returning to Corboy & Demetrio, Andrew worked as a Law Clerk to Cook Co. Circuit Judge James N. O’Hara. Andrew’s duties included managing a courtroom portfolio of more than 1400 pending cases as well as authoring draft opinions, legal memoranda and statements of issues regarding Illinois state tort claims.
In 2013, before joining Corboy & Demetrio, Andrew worked as Law Clerk at the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office and had a 711 license allowing him to argue motions and examine witnesses before the Honorable Evelyn Clay during criminal trials. Andrew also drafted responses to motions to quash and suppress evidence in felony possession of narcotics cases.
Andrew graduated Magna Cum Laude from Saint Louis University in 2012 and from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 2015 where he was a merit scholarship recipient and was on the Dean’s List. Andrew received CALI Awards for the highest grades in Legal Writing I, Appellate Advocacy and Pretrial Litigation. Andrew was Founder and Chair of Loyola’s Federal Bar Association and was appointed Executive Director of Loyola’s Mock Trial Board.
Andrew remains very involved with Loyola’s law school, serving as a member of its Young Alumni Committee and as Head Coach of Loyola’s Criminal Law Mock Trial Team.
He is an active member of the Chicago Bar Association’sYoung Lawyers Section. In 2016, Andrew was appointed Special Projects Coordinator, organizing and leading a project that answered Santa letters and provided Christmas gifts to 500 disadvantaged students in Chicago Public Schools. In 2017, Andrew will lead an effort to connect a classroom of students at Muchin College Prep High School with other Chicago attorneys who will mentor the students for one semester. Also, in 2017, Andrew will serve as a tutor in the Chicago Bar Association’s Lawyers Lend-A-Hand tutoring program.
Andrew is a member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association. He is licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois and in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
In his spare time, Andrew and his dad, Mark, are trying to attend a baseball game together in every Major League baseball stadium, visiting 26 of 30 so far.
- Dean's List (4 semesters)
- CALI Awards for highest grades in Legal Writing 1, Appellate Advocacy & Pretrial Litigation
- Chicago Bar Association, Special Projects Coordinator of Young Lawyers Section, Present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2015-Present
- Adjunct Professor, Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Executive Director of Mock Trial Team Board. Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Founder and Chair, Federal Bar Association, Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Head Coach of Criminal Law Mock Trial Team, Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Tutor, CBA Lawyers Lend-A-Hand Tutoring Program, Jan. 2017 to present